ABOUT USJUNEBERRIES SCHOOLS
Nurturing And Educating Every Child
Juneberries Schools is a 21st century-style school, built for purpose with a welcoming environment for every child and a conducive atmosphere for learning and development. We are registered at the Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja and approved by the Niger State Private Schools Board to operate Nursery and Universal Basic Education in Suleja Local Government Area of Niger State. We are located at Plot ATP 9 GRA, Off Suleiman Barau Road, Opposite Old NEPA Office, Suleja, Niger State.
To raise children who will attain their highest potential and be equipped to contribute positively in society.
Our Mission Statement
To provide children who attend Juneberries with the highest standards of education through:
- Providing a secure, comfortable and stimulating learning environment.
- Treating all children equally and offering them equal opportunities irrespective of race, tribe, religion, sex, social background or disability.
- Offering support to and working in partnership with parents and family members, recognizing the valuable contributions they make in their children’s learning.
- Employing well qualified and highly experienced teaching and non-teaching members of staff.
- Providing opportunities for children to talk about their learning and experiences so they can develop self-control, independence and self-esteem.
Our Core Values
- Team work
- Parent Partnership
- Community Co-operation.
We run a termly programme of 13 weeks broken into 6 weeks of studies and activities, 1 week Half Term break and a further 6 weeks of studies and activities.
We offer the following subjects:
- English Language
- Health Education
- Home Economics
- Physical and Health Education
- Agricultural Science
- Social Studies
- Christian Religious Studies
- Islamic Religious Studies
- Culture and Creative Arts
- French Language (Year 2 upwards)
- Verbal Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Computer Studies
- Vocational Studies
How we started
Our work within the community started with an Open Day on Friday 5th September, 2014 when our doors were opened to the Suleja community, the different local government departments that gave us consent and approval to operate including the Education Secretary, Mallam Hudu D. Biba and his wife, Hajiya Fatima to come and look around the facilities, equipment and resources we put in place. On Monday 13th October, 2014, Juneberries Schools opened its doors to its pioneer pupils. They were:
1. Chukwuemeka Dumaga Opara 7months
2. Daniel Olamide Odumusi 5 years
3. David Semilore Odumusi 4 years
4. Michael Torati Akaakuma 6 years
5. Abubakar Akilu Barda 4 years
6. Goodness Kamalu 7 years
These six pupils were supported and guided by a dedicated pioneer staff team comprising:
1. Ijeoma Rose Opara
2. June Ahunna Opara
3. Uche Emeka Opara
4. Chioma Joy Opara
5. Grace Yaa Amaaboa
6. Chika Virginia Okonkwo
7. Matilda Nchekwube Kamalu
8. Casmir Ugochukwu Onuegbu
9. Blessing Ngozi Kamalu
10. Rachael Opeyi Ojo
11. Sola Johnson
12. Chidiebere Ezenwa
13. Philip Ofoegbu
The school complex lies over a space of 40,000 square metres of land holding the Nursery World and Primary School Section.
Our Nursery World prides itself with:
- spacious and well ventilated play areas
- sleeping corners and study sections fitted with ceiling fans and air conditioning units used as appropriate to weather conditions.
- State of the art Reception
- Head Teacher’s Office
- Massive lounge and mingling area for pupils break time relaxation
- Wide corridors running from the Reception all the way to the Head Teacher’s Office
- 2 Male Toilets
- 2 Female Toilets Indoor Play Area
- Outdoor Garden/Play Area
- 1 Store Room
1 Generator House
Our Primary School section holds:
- Spacious and well ventilated classrooms
- fully furnished with white boards
- wall unit organizers
- Air conditioning units and ceiling fans
- Admin Office
- CEO/Executive Director’ Office
- Well-equipped Library with IT Facilities
- Staff Room
- School Shop
- 2 Male Toilets
- 2 Female Toilets
- Self-contained one-bedroom flat for staff members on call 24 hours Monday to Friday.